Westney North Dental Clinic offers same day emergency services.
In general, a toothache is not considered an emergency unless it is a severe toothache accompanied by swelling, fever, or some kind of discharge. A tooth that hurts when chewing or when drinking or eating cold or hot foods is most likely a cavity or tooth decay. Try rinsing your mouth out with warm water and you should call us as soon as you get a chance.
ABSCESS AND CELLULITIS
CUT OR BITTEN TONGUE, LIP OR CHEEK
BROKEN TOOTH & LOST CROWN
If your crown falls out, you can call us and set the same day appointment. If you cannot get an appointment right away and the tooth hurts, you can use dental cement, toothpaste, or denture adhesive to place the crown back on the tooth. It is important that you do not use any other kind of glue that could be poisonous and make you sick. Also, be sure not to use superglue because that can damage the tooth and the crown.
KNOCKED OUT PERMANENT TOOTH
POSSIBLE BROKEN JAW
BLEEDING AFTER A BABY TOOTH FALLS OUT
COLD OR CANKER SORES
A FINAL NOTE
Be Prepared For Anything
You never know when an accident is going to happen, but if you are prepared for what could happen it may help you save a smile. Maybe you think you will never lose or crack a tooth no matter what, but what if someone else does? You can help them to save their smile.
Westney North Dental Clinic has some tips on what to do when an accident happens:
– If a tooth falls out for any reason and it is a permanent tooth (not a baby tooth) you should make sure it does not become dry. If you cannot place the tooth back where it was without handling the roots, put it between your cheek and gums or even a glass of milk.
– If you crack your tooth, you should wash out your mouth with water and then place a cold pack on your face to keep it from swelling.
– For a bitten lip or tongue, you should clean it with water and place a cold pack on it.
– If you have a toothache you should rinse out your mouth with warm water and try using some dental floss to remove anything between the teeth. Call Westney North Dental Clinic and set an appointment.
– Have something stuck in your teeth? Try to loosen it with dental floss. Don’t use anything sharp like a toothpick because you could damage your gums. Rinse your mouth with water and if you cannot get it out, you should call us.
The best thing to do for an accident is to prevent it from happening in the first place.
With these simple tips you can prevent an injury before it happens:
– When you play sports or any other activity that may damage your teeth, use a sports mouth guard. You can get one from our clinic in Ajax.
– Do NOT chew on anything hard such as ice, popcorn kernels, and hard candy.
– Do NOT use your teeth to cut or open anything like packages, string, thread, etc.
Are you interested in one of our many treatment options? If you have any questions, please contact us by phone at (905) 683-4500 or by completing our form below! We will have someone get back to you shortly.
Westney North Dental is open 6 days a week, including evenings, and has ample free parking.